In the last decade, the world has been inundated by natural disasters, and man-made incidents of a magnitude not seen in many decades, leading to a loss of hundreds of thousands of lives, destruction of millions of homes and buildings and the complete ruin of critical infrastructures. These tragic events increase the recognition that impaired or lost communications coupled with a lack of real time access to critical information, can dramatically reduce the ability to recover from such disasters. During such events, most of the conventional communications infrastructures such as telephone lines, cellular phones, satellites and other two- way radio communications are either saturated or not operational. Many levels of government and public safety recognize that HF-SSB communication are paramount for providing vital logistics and command and control support during major emergencies.
The Micom-3 transceiver system operates in the 1.6 to 30 MHz frequency range in 10Hz increments. The radio receives and transmits Voice, Data, and Telegraphy (CW) using upper sideband (USB), lower sideband (LSB) and amplitude modulation equivalent (AME) and ISB (Independent Sideband for high speed data transmission).
The radio complies with all MIL-STD-810F and EMI requirements, and meets FCC, NTIA, and Industry Canada standards. It has been tested by DOD's Joint Interoperability Test Center (JITC) and certified for compliance with the ALE requirements in MIL-STD-188-141B.
The radio system can be controlled and operated from a remote computer by RS-232 and USB Interfaces: The USB connection is a USB to Serial converter allows connection to an RS-232 serial device such as a modem to a USB port on a Desktop or Laptop PC. The radio is also available with IP control which supports full functionality over a standard Internet link nearby or thousands of miles away.
The Micom system comprises the following configurations:
|Micom- Pathfinder||5-25W light-weight portable Man-pack HF Radio Set|
|Micom -3 Fixed/ Mobile||125W HF Radio Set for vehicular and fixed station applications|
|Micom-3 Carry-On||125W HF self-contained Rapid Deployment Package|
|Micom RM-125 Base Station||125W Desk-top HF Radio Set for continuous duty fixed station applications|
|Micom- RM500 and RM1200 – 0.5-1.0KW Base Station System||500W and 1,000W HF Radio sets for continuous duty high power Base stations operating in medium and long-range communication|
Micom Radio System Features
- Automatic Link Establishment per FED-STD-1045 & MIL-STD-188-141B Appendix A (JITC certified) standards.
- Full interoperability with other manufacturers' radios complying with the same ALE standards.
- Built-in voice quality system utilizes proprietary algorithms to filter out background noises, giving users exceptional communication clarity.
- Selectable bandwidth allows fine tuning for optimal voice and data communications.
- Voice-activated digital squelch.
- Control head features a large LCD, full-dot matrix digital display and an enhanced keyboard for programming and set-up.
- Upgrading to future technologies is easily done by installing new firmware into the transceiver.
- Easily replaceable digital components ensure cost-effective maintenance.
- Unique Built-In self Test (BIT) system provides exceptional dependability.
- AMD (Automatic Message Display) for free and pre-set text messages.
- Supports all modes of operation: Data, USB, LSB, AME, PLT, ISB, CW